Saturday, February 1, 2014

Gambian currency registers highest depreciation in three years


Gambian currency notes
The Gambian currency, the Dalasi, continues to be weakened and lose value against all the major international currencies, the report of the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) of the Central Bank of The Gambia has said.

The report which was released on Friday during the quarterly meeting of the Committee, states that the Dalasi depreciated significantly in the second half of 2013.  The currency was generally stable in the first half of the year though.

“As at end-December 2013, the Dalasi depreciated against the US Dollar by 14.8 per cent, Euro 21 per cent and Pound Sterling 14.8 per cent from December 2012,” the report says.

The report indicates by the end of December 2013, the Dalasi registers the highest depreciation in three years.  This is due to the fact in nominal effective exchange rate terms, the currency depreciated by 15.1 per cent as at end-December 2013; this higher than the 13.5 per cent, and 7.3 per cent depreciation registered in 2012 and 2011, respectively.

The depreciation of the Dalasi was partly the result of reduced foreign exchange receipts, coupled with strong demand owing in part to the high level of liquidity in the economy.

9 comments:

  1. Best Place To Get A Solution To Your Financial Problems (Lexieloancompany@yahoo.com)!!!

    My Name is Nicole Marie, I live in USA and life is worth living comfortably for me and my family now and i really have never seen goodness shown to me this much in my life, As i am a struggling mum with two kids and i have been going through a serious problem as my husband encountered a terrible accident last two weeks, and the doctors states that he needs to undergo a delicate surgery for him to be able to walk again and i could not afford the bill for his surgery then i went to the bank for a loan and they turn me down stating that i have no credit card, from there i ran to my father and he was not able to help me, then when i was browsing through yahoo answers and i came across a God fearing man (Mr Martinez Lexie) who provides loans at an affordable interest rate and i have been hearing about so many scams on the Internet mostly Africa, but at this my desperate situation, i had no choice than to give it an attempt due to the fact that the company is from United State of America, and surprisingly it was all like a dream, i received a loan of $82,000.00 USD and i payed for my husband surgery and thank GOD today he is ok and can walk, my family is happy and i said to myself that i will shout to the world the wonders this great and God fearing Man Mr Martinez Lexie did for me and my family; so if anyone is in genuine and serious need of a loan do contact this GOD fearing man via Email: ( Lexieloancompany@yahoo.com ) or text Tel: +14069460675 thanks

    ReplyDelete